Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Brainstorming Storybook Styles

Part I - Identify Your Topic:
My Storybook Project will be about Zombie Myths. I will be focusing on a story from the African Congo as one of my stories; Found in the Un-Textbook. I am planning on finding at least three more Myths or Folklores about Zombies or Zombie Culture that I can Retell; I think I may have some trouble finding stories I really like to Retell, but I am up for that Challenge. I have found many stories online so hopefully this aspect of of the assignment will not be as bad as I am thinking.
Bibliography: “Tales of the Zombie War,” from Apocalypse fiction and stories, by Crown Publishing Groups (2007). Web Address: http://www.talesofworldwarz.com

Part III - Storytelling Styles
1. First Person Storyteller in the form of a Diary, letter or Social Media Updates. I have chosen this style because it will allow me to look at the emotions of my characters easily and I definitely want my characters to have a strong connection to the readers. Using the Diary method I will be able to look at the life of multiple individuals throughout their individual lives at different times in history, such as the 1800’s or 2140. I would like to include a futuristic aspect to this assignment.

2. Another style I would like to consider in my storybook project is a tour guide as a storytelling style. I was inspired by another storybook project to use this style as a possible style for my project. I would like to use this style as a very easy way to transition from story to story. I think using this as a transition style would make it comfortable for the readers. For my storybook project I would transition from containment unit to containment unit that holds zombified people, or scientist working on research.

3. My next style I choose is a Television News station. I think this would be a really interesting way to broadcast the myths about zombie culture and to get a first hand review of zombie actions. I could see this storybook project style being a lot of fun to work with. I think I would actually like to do this style as a mix with the diary. I would want to use the Television Report as the introduction page and the Dairy as the other pages. For the idea of a zombie or the undead I think this style would be very well used if I used a modern day approach to the storybook project.

4. Player 1 style. When I saw this style I kinda fell in love I think. Player1vs Maya gave me a lot of inspiration for this project and I am very excited to explore more of this style. I really like this dynamic of this presentation. As an aspect of the undead, I think this would be a very neat style to do. I can definitely envision a project with a video game storytelling base.

1 comment:

  1. Edit: After some discussion I have decided to focus on traditional tales of undead coming from different cultures around the world. Using Zombipedia I now have multiple stories to pull from and retell.

    http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_in_folklore

    ReplyDelete

"love is a disease, like a good bacteria." - Unknown