Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Essay Week 10: British North America

For this weeks readings I chose to read from the Un-textbook Native American section a unit titled British North America!!! This unit was very diverse in the types of reading I was able to get from the unit! I really like that aspect of the reading. Not only was I able to get some creation stories, but also stories about how mounts formed, how fire was made and animals stories too! I really enjoyed reading this unit! If you are interested you can look at some of my favorite stories from my blog post here. I chose this unit because it goes well with the reading unit I chose last week (Pacific NW Unit). Both of these Units were about peoples and cultures form Upper North America which just so happens to be the area I am interested in researching and working with Anthropologically and Archaeologically. I am really glad we were able to use time in this class to look at Native American Mythology and Folklore. I believe these peoples created some of the most beautiful stories I have ever herd!

It is incredible to think that we are so far along into the semester! As I sit here watching American Horror Story and write this essay I can help but think how amazing it is that the end of the semester is upon us soon. Good luck to all of you in your endeavors with the future. 


Indian Dancers

No comments:

Post a Comment

"love is a disease, like a good bacteria." - Unknown