Thursday, October 2, 2014

Essay Week 7: Congo Unit

This week I read from the Congo Unit in the Myth and Folklore Un-Textbook out of the African Unit! I found these readings to be very enjoyable and I am glad that I choose to read them for this week. A major factor into me choosing to read this unit was that it paired nicely with my Storybook Project of Tales of the Undead. The Congo Unit focused nicely on some magic and resurrection of the dead. I was a little sadden because I did not find any stories that I particularly want to retell. I think one of the things that I enjoyed most about this unit was the storytelling methods! All the stories were told in a new way and I found it very interesting! My favorite story in this unit was the story titled How the Lives Restored their Husband to Life! It was a great story that became a great compliment to my Storybook Project! I was really excited about that ability to include a story from the Congo Unit into my storybook project, but I have decided to not use it for this project. Overall, I am very glad I was able to pick up this Unit! I very much enjoyed the Unit and I am glad to see it in the Myth and Folklore Un-Textbook.


Malawi waYao Tribe Members


No comments:

Post a Comment

"love is a disease, like a good bacteria." - Unknown