Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Essay Week 11: English Fairy Tales

For this weeks reading I chose to read a fairy tales unit! I have not really read any of the fairy tale units from the sections so far, so I was initially very excited to read this section! There were two sections I could have chosen from. I decided to go with the one that felt most familiar with me. I recognized some of the stories that were in this unit and that was something I was also very excited about! It was great to get to re-read some of the stories that I have not heard since I was a child. Although, I think the stories I heard were a little different, like the Three Pigs and Henny-Penny. The stories I heard were passed down orally. My great-grandmother passed them to my grandmother and her to my mother and then to me and my brothers. I really appreciate this aspect of learning about folklore in my own family and I had never really put much thought into it until now. I love that my family was able to contribute to my knowledge of the world as a child through oral storytelling. If you are interested in reading some of my favorite stories from this weeks reading you can find that here.

I really liked reading the English Fairy Tales Unit, but I do have to say that it has not been my absolute favorite Unit, but it is still pretty good and well worth my time as a student. I am more than happy to read these tales for a grade! Haha. It seems like some of my favorite units were in week 4-6. However, I must emphasize that I have loved every unit in one way or another so far and I feel as though I am learning a lot from these story analysis!

Family Image - Taken by Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

"love is a disease, like a good bacteria." - Unknown