Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words

This week I have really enjoyed starting up my blog for this course! I have had some experience with blogging, but not much so it is a bit of a different experience for me to write. Throughout the week and after reading other peoples blogs I think I have finally figured out a couple of writing styles that I would like to start incorporating into my own writing. While I think that I am moderately decent at creating and writing stories I have been very impressed with others ability to be super creative. I am definitely going to try and focus on being even more creative with this course. After all, how often do you have a course where this type of creativity is encouraged! I hope I do not go to far outside the lines! For this week I would say my best or most creative writing was my storytelling post. I felt like I really sat down and created something of my own to go with the Aesop Fables. I enjoyed the experience and am excited for next weeks storytelling.

I like the style of writing I used for my storytelling and I believe I will definitely use it in the future. It seemed to come pretty naturally to me, so for that I am thankful.

During this first week of classes I have really started to notice a parallel or connection to other course I am currently taking. One of my courses if titled Anthropology: Native American Artistic Traditions! Part of the artistic traditions we talk about is storytelling, including creation stories! I have found these to be not only beautiful, but awe inspiring and magnificent.

I am pretty excited for this course and most of my other courses. I recently finished all of my general education classes. I think I am going to have a great time in this course, even though it is my first Online course.

Good luck to you, future Christian. When you look back at this I hope you remember how much fun your semester was. :)


http://www.squidoo.com/frog-art

No comments:

Post a Comment

"love is a disease, like a good bacteria." - Unknown